Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Wedding Colors


These are color combinations I've been thinking about doing for the wedding.

 

     Eggplant Purple and Cornflower Blue

 

The Flowers to the Right are my original  inspiration for the wedding color/theme.  I love the rich purple. I then tried to figure what would look good with purple. I figured Purple and Green or Purple and Yellow. And Joey said no... I asked why and pretty much he said Purple and Yellow are the Minnesota Vikings colors. 

Joey didn't say anything about Purple and Green. He just got up... went to the bookshelf... turned to a page and showed me a picture of something... It was the Joker. Okay I get the point. No Yellow and No Green accent colors. 

I continued to look around for good color combinations. I know if I want a dark purple color I would need a nice light color. I was thinking of lilac but to me that was too much purple for the wedding. I thought of blue but I was a little turned off by a really light blue color like Robins Egg Blue or Baby Blue. But then I saw a very nice blue that works with a nice rich purple. It would be a cornflower blue. Now if you didn't have the 100 Crayola Color box or can't remember what cornflower blue looks like... take a look at the picture to the left.  Forget the Magenta color. I think 3 colors might be too much for me to handle/coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment