Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bridesmaid Dress Ideas

I think I've said the word unique maybe a little too much... BUT... that's what I want the bridesmaid dresses to be. Not "unique ugly" but "pretty unique". I believe the brides out there who make their bridesmaid wear ugly clothes have low self-esteem. Also I think if your party looks ugly then so does the bride. So my girls are will wear nice looking outfits. Again though... I don't want the typical Spaghetti strap, halter, strapless, etc dresses. So if I narrowed the dresses to pretty much nothing... what can I get. Well I did find some ideas I like.






The Dress to the right is Alvina Valenta's. Dress Style is AV9922. "The Dress is a Cashmere Chiffon Tea-Length A-Line Dress. Draped One Shoulder Neckline with Crystal Applique detail at natural Waist." My favorite part of the Dress has to be the top part of the dress. 
















I asked 2 of my Bridesmaids what they thought of the above dress and they both said they were picturing more of a longer dress. So I found Jim Hjelm's Dress. It's Style # JH5776. "It's a Chiffon A-line gown, One Shoulder Draped Bodice, natural waist with ribbon trim." 






Both Dresses come in about 34 different colors. My only concern is... Money. I know that the bridesmaids pay for their own gowns but I want to be considerate. I have a party of 2 friends and 7 family members. One family has 2 people in the party so I don't want to get a dress that will hurt anyone's bank account. If you guys can, comment on what you think is too much for a bridesmaid dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment