Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Royal Gardens


I wanted beautiful outdoors and Joey wanted indoors. I hate reception halls and he hates tents. We have a HUGE problem. As we are looking for anything that we can both compromise with... it doesn't compromise with our budget. Finally, Joey started to search the internet and found a diamond in the rough! It's an indoor facility made to look outdoors. I loved it! He wanted to see the $$$.  We went there this past Saturday to check out some of their venues. It looks so much better in person then in pictures. Now when I first saw the pictures online I HATED the floor. Checkerboard! Might as well bring some giant chess pieces. But when I got there, I saw the checkered board floor didn't look all that bad. The boxes were huge (not 12x12 in squares) and they are made out of marble. I can forgive the building for this minor detail. The outside doesn't look nice at all but I don't care because I'll take my pictures somewhere else. Also only 10% of people I know smoke and you know what... they can deal with it.


Some extra features that adds to my loving the place are: 
1. They designed the ceiling to be black and then put lights on the ceiling that matches the Chicago Star Sky.
2. They have Polish Crystals for the head table!
3. They make me feel very comfortable. When I walked out it was a very home-esk feeling.
4. They showed me some minor details that they work on to make the experience better. So I know they will pay attention to the minor details.
5. They only have 1 party a day. I know that during my time there they will only worry about me and my party. I don't have to compete with other parties.


Overall I loved it! When we sat down with the guy we were with to talk about pricing... lets just say Joey then fell in love with the place. We will definitely get our moneys worth! Dinner will be family style (Buffet at the Table). You can expect Soup, Salad, Bread, 3 choices of Meat, Potato, Veggies, and dessert. (Not Cake)  So LOTS and LOTS of food and OPEN BAR! Joey and I are going back there this Saturday for tasting the food and signing the paperwork! YAY! (Also, Joey has co-worker who's been there and she said everything there, even food, was amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment