Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chandler's Chop House at the Schaumburg Golf Club



So on Thursday Joey and I went to Chandler's Chop House at the Schaumburg Golf Club. We met with the coordinator and she showed us the smaller room. It's upstairs in the Chandler's restaurant/country club (?). Anyways... on all 3 sides there are big windows that overlook the golf course. It was really beautiful. Definetly earned a spot on by top favorites list. Then she went downstairs to show us my brides room. I thought "Great! With a wedding dress, high heel shoes, and I will have alcohol in me this will be a fun walk down." The brides room was so far away which I didn't like. Actually next to the big ballroom. Another thought that went through my head was "I don't want to have to walk all the way down here and go past another person's party, especially if it's another wedding party". Then the lady asked me if I wanted to see the big ballroom. I said sure. OMG! The open space compared to the upstairs! It was equally as beautiful. I have a 18 bridesmaids and groomsmen so there is plenty of room for everyone. Also we get access to the outdoor patio! (please don't rain!) Also outside in the lobby there are leather couches where people can relax. I fell in love. Also Joey turned to me when we saw the room and he said "we don't really need to see any other places... do we?" Nope! I want this place and so does he. 

Kim, the coordinator, said that there was a hold on the big room (which she mentioned in the beginning and I forgot about it) so we went upstairs to see if the hold expired. Holds are for only 7 days. I crossed my fingers. She looked in the book and it was up. I told her to please put us down for the room. She then took a huge eraser and erased the big note of information from the book. I mean there was a lot. She must have seen my eyes go big cause she said "if it expires then they won't call us and ask about it, she will just erase our names from the book. 

On Saturday we went to check out another venue but it sucked! The coordinator didn't know how to sell and they gave us what I didn't want in a location. We then went to dinner at the Chandler's Chop House and the food was SO good. We went back upstairs to go see Kim and she was bummed we didn't tell her we came to eat cause she wanted to buy us a drink. Pretty much we told her we wanted the place so to make sure not to erase our names. They'll work up a contract and send it our way soon. So we got our venue!

(Now Picture Below... imagine no ceremony set up and instead some outdoor furniture... and that is the outside patio we'll have!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment